Dan, Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment, trucks and farm equipment - 1995 WyoTech graduate.
65405794

I have a 1975 250a international hydro tractor, to day

Customer Question

I have a 1975 250a international hydro tractor, to day tranny oil was blowing out of the tranny dip stick,changed both filters, it helped but down the 3 point does not lift
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Dan replied 4 months ago.

Hi my name is***** will be glad to help. If you have oil from the dipstick it is a sign of excessive internal leakage and in need of overhaul. Check inside the filter, oil, and screen for discoloration of the oil and for metal/debris. Let me know

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
this is not the problem, have you ever worked on sunstrand hydro?????
Expert:  Dan replied 4 months ago.

Sir, With all due respect. This is a 1975 tractor. I have been a technician for many years. I did not say it was your problem I gave suggestions on where to start and ended with let me know. So tell me is the suction screen plugged with debris and what condition is the oil and filter? open up the filter and see what is inside for metal/debris that will indicate an internal failure. If so, what type of metal or debris is found?

Expert:  Dan replied 4 months ago.

Do you have test gauges to check pressures? Do you have a shop manual with the procedures to check your pressures?