Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager on multiple lines of equipment and rental equipment.
30244710

I have a 1025R with 158 hours that is less than 3 years old.

Customer Question

I have a 1025R with 158 hours that is less than 3 years old. I have a lot of difficulty starting it. It shows a code of "pull coil fault". I took it to the dealership in April but they couldn't find anything wrong. They said they only found a bare wire so they put a piece of electrical tape on it. Now it won't start again. If I get it started and take it over, it probably won't throw the code and I will have to pay another $80 service charge for nothing.
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Bradley Martin replied 4 months ago.

I would have deere put a new shut off solenoid on it the pull coil fault has to do with the shut off solenoid may have a weak coil in it that pull the rack back inside the injection pump to allow fuel to the engine

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
My tech changed the solenoid. When I went to pick up the tractor it wouldn't start. It showed the same error code again

There must be a wiring issue might have to continuity check the wires from the ecm to the solenoid I would visually inspect on connections make sure they are connected good and tight also need to visually check the wiring harness