Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager on multiple lines of equipment and rental equipment.
30244710

My deer LA110 starts up I cut with it but once I get off of

Customer Question

My John deer LA110 starts up I cut with it but once I get off of it it shit off and won't restart until I use a screw drive and touch starter and sylinoid switch you help me trouble shoot and it doesn't do it all the time
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Bradley Martin replied 4 months ago.

Are you getting power from ignition to solenoid when switch is in start position?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Once it cuts off no

Check your brake switch and seat switch bypass them if you have to and see if it the switch will send power to starter

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Maybe I should've waited because it's started fine now and restarting it just does it sometimes and today isn't one of the days it's doing it but I have to cut a yard of an elderly man and I didn't want to be there and it cut off and no one around to use the screwdriver I wanted to see if you knew possible problems because my dad ordered a clutch switch and didn't want to buy if that's not problem

It could just be a safety switch issue if it was the clutch switch the mower would probably not be working

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
How do I test safety switches

The brake switch is behind the brake pedal you can check it with a multimeter to see if it is opening and closing like it supposed to also make sure it not getting stuck when you press it you can do the same with the seat switch it is under the seat so you would have to take the seat off or just disconnect the seat switch and bypass it with a piece of wire and see if you have issues with starting it again