Dan, Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment, trucks and farm equipment - 1995 WyoTech graduate.
65405794

Have mf 4360 it will not go into low gear on the shift it

Customer Question

Have mf 4360 it will not go into low gear on the shift it does not feel like it is going all the way back. It will go into high just fine
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Did you receive my question?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Expert:  Dan replied 5 months ago.

Hi my name is***** will be glad to try to help. Check for worn shift forks, shift collars, and gears. If the shift forks are bent, have damage or excessive wear as well as the gears or clutch/shift collars your transmission will not fully engage. Also drain the oil to check for any signs of metal/debris indicating internal problems as well as for discoloration of oil. Let me know

Expert:  Dan replied 5 months ago.

Is this an 8 speed or 12X4 trans?

Expert:  Dan replied 5 months ago.

Click on this link to access the breakdowns as a guest.

Parts

Expert:  Dan replied 4 months ago.

Hi Michael, Did you get this resolved?