Dan, Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment, trucks and farm equipment - 1995 WyoTech graduate.

I have a JD 310g that has no power in any forward hear.

Customer Question

I have a JD 310g that has no power in any forward hear. Reverse OK. Barely moves in 1st on level ground.
JA: We'll do all we can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Heavy Equipment Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: Can feel definite shift to reverse - clunk. No hard shift from neutral to forward. Changed trans hydraulic and filter. No change in forward gears. No power.
JA: Is there anything else the Heavy Equipment Mechanic should be aware of?
Customer: Not that I know.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Heavy Equipment Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Dan replied 3 months ago.

Hi Charles my name is***** will be glad to help. Check the transmission oil and filter for fine metal/debris and discoloration of oil indicating an internal failure occurring. If you can move either direction but sluggish to move the problem is likely an internal failure. Let me know.

Expert:  Dan replied 3 months ago.

Hi Charles, Did you get this resolved?