Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager on multiple lines of equipment and rental equipment.
30244710

I have a 1999 JD LX279 that ran fine last week, the only

Customer Question

Hello, I have a 1999 JD LX279 that ran fine last week, the only change this week is I added in more fuel, and changed the two rubber bushing springs on the seat that had dry rotted. The unit runs great for 2-3 minutes, then dies like it was turned off. The unit will restart, then die again in a few minutes. I thought it might be the gas cap, it seems to be clean. I do hear a rattle in the gas cap, that I dont know if its normal or not. Ideas?
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 5 months ago.

How long before it will restart? is battery voltage good, no need to charge battery or jump start? Do you hear the click of the fuel solenoid in the carburetor when ey s turn on and off? Do you hear it when the engine dies and won't start?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hello Curtis,It will restart almost immediately with choke. Battery appears to be okay, no need to jump it at least. I will have to check on the solenoid in the carb. That will be my first step~!
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 4 months ago.

Did you get to check the fuel solenoid?