Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager on multiple lines of equipment and rental equipment.
30244710

I have a 6405 deere Tractor that the three point tch will

Customer Question

I have a 6405 john deere Tractor that the three point hitch will not go up or down
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  JON replied 5 months ago.

Note what the fluid looks like. Is it really dirty and thick or is it clear and golden? Or is it milky? It should be a realatively thin, not like gear oil. If you have plenty oil, than either your pump is bad, your control valve/linkage is bad, or you have a major leak in the system. there should be an access port

Expert:  JON replied 5 months ago.

Is yours electrical also? I know the 6400 you can operate manually with a screw. I will go ahead and post instructions just in case this may work for yours as well. The 6400 stepper motor for the rockshaft has a little round cover on top(#22). If you remove that cover, you will expose a little screw. With the tractor running, you can take a small screwdriver and operate the rockshaft. You will need to push down and turn. One direction raises the rockshaft the other lowers it. This will help you determine if its electric or hydraulic. I assume you have checked the fuse.

Expert:  JON replied 5 months ago.

I would check all electrical if yours is electrical also. If not, let me know and I can post other options. I just thought I would post ahead so you wouldn't have to wait for more answers. Hopefully this will help you solve the problem.