JON
JON, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Husqvarna Service Tech
94737911

My friend has a Deer 3320 with a 300x loader. He told me

Customer Question

My friend has a John Deer 3320 with a 300x loader. He told me the loader stopped raising above about 3 feet. He noted the hydraulic fluid was 4 quarts low. He added fluid, but it still wont raise above 3 feet. It has full lift power to that point,or seems to. I told him maybe the cylinder(s) have air and need to be bled, or maybe something else. I then told him I have a paid justanswer account and Id try to get professional John Deere help.

Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  JON replied 6 months ago.

Hello there, m name is***** what you have stated, I would bleed the cylinder(s). It seems like once you get to the same level each lift, it stops and it is due to air in the lines and not pushing fluid to complete max lifting abilities. Try bleeding lines. I believe this will help your issue.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.

ok, do you have any pictures or procedures to bleed he cylinders?

Expert:  JON replied 6 months ago.

The most common problem of not lifting all the way or at all is the QD's (quick disconnects) that connect the hydraulic lines from the loader to the tractor. Unplug them all-then reconnect them. Often they get jarred and "look" connected but are not.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.

thanks, ***** ***** questions was do you have procedures for bleeding the cylinders, not checking the QDs, that was already done. So, do you have procedures for bleeding the cylinders, that was your recommendation.

Expert:  JON replied 6 months ago.

I apologize, but after further research, this machine is self bleeding. You can manually do this, by cracking lines open and using hydro, but the self bleeding should take care of itself. Have you checked the hydraulic reservoir and made sure it is full​?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.

i was told the resevoir is full after having to add 4 quarts. Ill get back with you after some more investigating...Thanks

Expert:  JON replied 6 months ago.

Not a problem. Normally on the self bleeder machines to remove air you would typically cycle the cylinders over the whole range a few times and it would be fine from there. I would still dbl check all the QD's. Does the engine labor at all after it is at the highest point currently?