Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager on multiple lines of equipment and rental equipment.
30244710

I have a Case 580B tractor loader backhoe. The swings to the

Customer Question

I have a Case 580B tractor loader backhoe. The hoe swings to the right easily when I step on the right pedal. It does not swing to the left when I step on the left pedal unless I also pull back on a lever that extends the hoe or lifts the boom at the same time, and then, only slowly and weakly. It used to swing weakly to the left with just the left pedal, but now only weakly while using an unrelated lever, and not at all times. What is the reason, and what is the solution?
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 5 months ago.

Have you checked the pedal linkage to the control valve, to see that the spool in the valve is moving full travel? Sounds much more like a control valve problem than anything else.

Did you find the problem?