Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager on multiple lines of equipment and rental equipment.
30244710

My Kubota L3400 is failing to start. When key is turned to

Customer Question

My Kubota L3400 is failing to start. When key is turned to the first position there is a `click` and the panel lights come on, but when the key is turned to `crank` position - nothing. I pulled the ignition switch wire off of the starter, and jumpered from there to the large nut on the starter, bypassing the ignition switch and starter relay, and the tractor started just fine. I am suspecting a faulty starter relay, but I don`t know where the thing is to check and/or replace it. What is your professional opinion (I`m just a `shade-tree mechanic`). Don
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 5 months ago.

Where is the click coming from? Under the dash?

Safety switches would do the same thing, seat, and pto switches and neutral switch.

There is a relay under the dash, between the glow plug timer and the flasher. If it is what is clicking, then I would change the relay.

I see question is still open, did you see my response?