Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager on multiple lines of equipment and rental equipment.
30244710

I have an agcoallis5650 tractor with q model680 agco allis

Customer Question

I have an agcoallis5650 tractor with q model680 agco allis loader. the loader is stuck down and the 3point hitch arms won't drop.
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 5 months ago.

no hydraulics? will bucket operate? No hydraulics, pump may not be turning? Broken shaft or coupler?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Bucket will not operate. the pump is turning. The coupler is not broken.( power steering still works and works off the pump.)

Were you using loader or three point , relief valve maybe stuck open and fluid is just bypassing.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I was spraying in the field. The pto was on in the field. When I drove into the yard I dropped the bucket and it would not lift back up.
I tried to lower the 3 point arms and they will not lower. How do I check the relief valve? thanks for your help

Only relief I see is in the three point front housing. You would just remove it and look for broken spring or damage. Some loader valves have relief in the inlet port, but it would not affect the three point. So I think the one for loader is same as three point. Valve is in the front cover, on top, looks to have adjusting screw on it.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I took the relief valve off ( I think it is the relief valve - its the thing on top of the 3point hitch). When I took the smaller metal pipe off the valve the hitch did drop and fluid did come out. On the left side of the valve there is a screw that is turned all the way in. I don't see any spring or damage.I also unbolted relief valve cartridge next to the joy stick for the loader. I did find a spring but I don't know what to do with it. How do I get the cartridge out?The bucket and 3 point are still inoperable.

To remove cartridge you would use a magnet. Do you have the parts book to look at? Go to Agcoparts, and use their Guest books, and input your model and then you can look at the three point valve.

Did you find problem?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
not yet. I'm trying to get a service manual for my tractor.