dd85
dd85, Foreman
Experience:  Service manger for over 18 years in same Dealership
15057492

TD 80 ad. Tractor acted like it was loosing power. Then it

Customer Question

TD 80 ad. Tractor acted like it was loosing power. Then it died. Water separator had some water and sludge. Replaced filters bled injectors now it won't start. You can get it running with starting fluid and it will run at high rpms but when you idle down it dies. If you take the fuel lines loose and put them back it will act like it is going to crank for a minute but then doesn't offer to start again
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  dd85 replied 8 months ago.

Check inside the Banjo fitting from the Fuel tank to the water separator filter.

You will have to remove the banjo fitting from the hose and look inside the "neck" part of the fitting. some plastic particles coming from the fuel tank will gat caught in the banjo fittings.

If this banjo is blocked then also check the fitting going out of the water separator housing and at the Lift pump.

Expert:  dd85 replied 8 months ago.

Was the banjo fitting blocked?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Sorry I am just now getting back to you. I had already done all of that. I was to the point of deciding that it had to be in the injectors or the injector pump when I got your response. It would fun at full throttle if you got it going with starting fluid. Lots of fuel coming back to pump. I gave up and took it to a shop
Expert:  dd85 replied 8 months ago.

Okay, Didn't know that. Good Luck

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Thanks
Expert:  dd85 replied 8 months ago.

okay