Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager on multiple lines of equipment and rental equipment.
30244710

I have a massey ferguson 1010 i want to know ware is the

Customer Question

i have a massey ferguson 1010 i want to know ware is the clutch located front back or midway....i put it to go front an it moved very slow
JA: We'll do all we can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Heavy Equipment Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: the clutch is very soft and the tractor is not moving is moving but very slow and then it stops. i got the clutch and clutch plate but i want to know ware exactly the clutch is located. front ,midway ,or back.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Heavy Equipment Mechanic should know?
Customer: no i don't think
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Heavy Equipment Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 5 months ago.

Tractor has a standard clutch if it has the geared transmission. Located on the flywheel of the engine, the tractor would be split between engine and trans mission to access.

It is in the clutch housing, that the clutch rod comes out of.

Did you get my response?