Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager on multiple lines of equipment and rental equipment.
30244710

I was mowing and when I stopped, took the pto out of gear

Customer Question

I was mowing and when I stopped, took the pto out of gear and got off, the tractor died and won't restart. The starter will not turn over. I have checked both pto levers and they appear to be engaged. when the key is turned on and the seat switch is pushed in a relay on the engine clicks quickly and when the seat relay is released the relay slowly releases. I believe this has happened before but I thought maybe the pto wasn't completely disengaged when I got off, but the tractor did restart. Any suggestions or recommendations? Thank You
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 5 months ago.

Hold key in start position, and wiggle the two pto levers , switch may not be making good contact.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.