Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager on multiple lines of equipment and rental equipment.
30244710

I have a BX25D delivered new from the dealer in January

Customer Question

I have a BX25D delivered new from the dealer in January 2015. From the beginning I have had problems with the 2 front rim/tire assemblies. The front tires would suddenly lose pressure and deflate. It appeared that they were loosening off the rim. I brought them to a tire dealer that does ag work, they reseated the tires on the rims, applied sealant several times. Tires still deflated. Eventually they suggested an inner tube. That worked better, but I still have the tires loosening off the rims and pinching the inner tube, causing it to fail. I check tire pressures a couple of times a month. Tractor is used daily, but only gets about 20 hours a month of operation. I even have a spare rim/tire assembly on hand for quick swap this happens so often. The only action I can associate with this is frequent sharp turns (when fertilizing for example). Any idea of what's the cause and what's a better solution than an inner tube?
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 5 months ago.

I don't think I have ever seen this! Have you tried Air pressure on the high side? Have you considered having the tires filled with foam, where they will never go flat?

Did you see my response?