John Oliver
John Oliver,
Experience:  manager at White Eagle Ag and Truck Services

I have a 6200 Deere tractor. While mowing in the pasture the

Customer Question

I have a 6200 John Deere tractor. While mowing in the pasture the PTO and lift stopped working all of a sudden. I activated the lift manually and drove tractor to the barn. Tractor starts and runs fine. Battery light stays on all the time now. What could be the problem
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 4 months ago.

Do you have a voltmeter to check the battery voltage? The alternator is not charging, can be loose wires, or a bad alternator. Low voltage light have let the pto drop out on on electric engaged pto. Battery would need to be above 13.5 volts Dc when engine is running. 12.5 minimum with engine off/

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Running checked over 14volts

14 volts and the battery light is still on! Starts ok and all gages work?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.

let me opt out and see if one of the regular Deere guys is around. I know the older tractors, but the newer models , not so much. Sorry.

Expert:  John Oliver replied 4 months ago.

On the right hand side of the tractor mid point there is a small fuse box. there is a couple small fuses and one big fuesable link. check that over real well for corrosion and poor connections. all cab/dash electrical goes threw this point first. the dash you have is analog or digital? if the issue is further than this I need to know if it is cab or open station. ii will also need a serial# ***** well

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Dash is analog. I checked all the fuses and relays in the panelonthe operator station. Are you talking about the box under the floorboard behind the right side step? It is a open station

yes that is exactly the one m taking about. they can be very deceiving and look like they are ok but actually have a poor connection. I would suggest looking at that very close and maybe even do some voltage checks there to be sure that you are not dropping voltage across the fuses. I have had a couple tractors with issues similar to yours that was fixed by repairing that part of the circuit. I have also had one that needed a new dash. The dash itself is considered a controller and because of that reason once it burns out the whle component must be changed (its expensive and a huge pain in the but to program) so lets make absolute that our checks up to that oint are spot on

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I will check this afternoon and get back with you

can I get an email in case I find some material that may help

Customer: replied 4 months ago.

sending you some info in a bit. pay close attention to the K101 relay (overvoltage protection) that relay does a lot

good morning, how did you make out getting this resolved? can I get you any more info or can I close out the case?

Expert:  John Oliver replied 2 months ago.

how did you make out on this?