Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager on multiple lines of equipment and rental equipment.
30244710

I have a m4030 tractor with a s2602 engine water leaks into

Customer Question

i have a m4030 tractor with a s2602 engine water leaks into sump is not the head have had serviced and gasket replaced also does not leak from the front of the engine the leak is substansial
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

you say no leak at front of engine? New style water pumps run against the front gear case and the gear case can get hole in it from the water erosion. With the engine, having dry liners, the head and the block can leak, you have eliminated the head. Too late now, but I would have liked to have pulled the oil pan and pressure tested, to see where coolant was leaking from, giving some idea of where to look for problem!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
front of engine is like new I had sump off and pressurised with head on water running out from around 3and 4 took head off to find gasket badly corroded at 3 and 4 iassumed I fixed it rebuilt engine and still leaks badly
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

You removed all the liners and check the block? Was coolant coming off the liner area?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sorry for delay had to work I did not remove liners seeing the condition of head gasket I assumed it was the problem
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

OK. let me know. Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
replaced head gasket still leaks eater into sump
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

So leak maybe between liner and block.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
do I remove liners
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

If that is where he leak shows!