Dan, Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment, trucks and farm equipment - 1995 WyoTech graduate.

I have a BX2200, 2002 year model. I have had the problem of

Customer Question

Hello, I have a BX2200, 2002 year model. I have had the problem of it losing power when it warms up after about 20 minutes for years. I've taken it to two different dealerships, where they have changed filters, drained fuel tanks, etc. The last time they pulled the fuel tank and replaced fuel lines. Still the same problem. I know some of the visits they probably didn't let the tractor warm up like I told them to but I'm not sure how to proceed. Should I take it back and tell them to pull the head? One time, a long time ago I filled it with gasoline by mistake and ran it for 10 minutes. I took it to a dealership to have it drained but could this have damaged it permanently?
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Dan replied 4 months ago.

Hi Richard,My name is***** will be glad to help. Yes it is possible you could have damage to the injection pump or possible scuffing in the cylinder liners from that. Here is how to proceed. Verify compression of the engine cold and then hot to be sure it is in specs. if okay then install a clear hose in the suction side of the fuel system and return to watch for air bubbles indicating a leak sucking air or restriction causing low fuel supply pressure or weak transfer pump if pressure drops off with a gauge connected. If the supply pressure is okay with no leaks or restrictions the problem is likely internal in the injection pump and will need to be sent out to an injection shop for repair and the injectors inspected/tested. Let me know

Expert:  Dan replied 4 months ago.

hi Richard, Did you get this resolved?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
It's in the shop now. I'm not a mechanic but I manage a trucking company so I have diesel mechanics. They are going to check on those items you mentioned this coming week. I hope I have some results to discuss with you soon. I thought your answer was good, I will certainly pay for it. I just wasn't sure what the procedure was for continuing a dialogue while still working on the problem.