Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager on multiple lines of equipment and rental equipment.
30244710

My 5095M fails to start when I turn the key to start. I

Customer Question

My 5095M fails to start when I turn the key to start. I simply hear a light click from the rear of the seat in the open station. Upon supplying voltage to the solenoid the starter works fine and the tractor and all features work normal. The PTO is off and the tractor is in park, but I do not get voltage to the small wire at the solenoid.
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 5 months ago.

unit has major fuse at battery and starter cables. Have you checked them with voltmeter or ohmmeter? See Links.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Battery is good, the fuse is good. I have power to the starter, lights, dash, everything..... I don't get voltage to the small wire at the solenoid when the key is turned to start.

No power on the wire from the keyswitch? That for sure is safety switch. Or starter relay , that may be what you hear behind the seat.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Could you send me a wiring diagram or picture so I can track these locations?

Sorry, I don't have service manual showing it. Let me opt out and see if there is anyone else with it.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Ok, I appreciate it!

Please do not reply to me, or it locks the question! Thanks.