Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager on multiple lines of equipment and rental equipment.

Could there be something wrong with anything else maybe the

Customer Question

Could there be something wrong with anything else maybe the device that clicks before you engage the starter?
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 4 months ago.

Make and model? The starter relay is clicking and not engaging the starter? Do you have a voltmeter to see if the starter solenoid is getting 12 volts from the keyswitch? If you jump the two cable terminals on the starter solenoid, will starter engage?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thanks Curtis,I apologize for the payment taking so long but the site kept saying my credit card information was incorrect. I called them Sat or Sun and it still wasn't accepted until a late yesterday (with the same info I had given them all along).The stater is getting 12.33 volts from the switch. As a matter of fact its getting it even if the switch is off. I wonder if this is a sign of something haywire, or even if one off the cut offs at the seat or the gear shift lever could be messed up. The tractor is a Kubota BX2230 and is in the country about 2 hours away, I won't be able to try to cross the terminals on the solenoid until the weekend. I will get back with you then, any thoughts you have in the meantime please let me know. Is there any way we can connect more directly during this process?Bob Walker

starter , not stator? 12.33 volts at the starter battery terminal? What is battery voltage? 12.33 is low battery. I always say that 12.5 is minimum voltage for start, and fully charged the battery would be over 13 volts. That is the battery cable, so it will always have voltage.