Dan, Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment, trucks and farm equipment - 1995 WyoTech graduate.

Have a. 605M ,when when getting it ready to cycled the baler

Customer Question

Have a. 605M ,when when getting it ready to bale cycled the baler the tailgate latch on the left side would not latch.Have a service manual,reset the latches according to manual ,cycled baler several times,everything latched made another bale latch on right side will not unlatch have done the adjusting thing several times latches fine empty will not unlatch after bale is made.Need advice,been baling with vermeer balers for 25 years never had a problem like this.
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Dan replied 4 months ago.

Hi John, My name is***** will be glad to try to help. What is the serial number of your baler?

Expert:  Dan replied 4 months ago.

Since the problem switched sides check for any worn components at the hinge area or any twisted, damaged binding,or out of alignment tailgate parts. Try this on a level surface to see if anything is twisted or shifting causing it to bind. Let me know

Expert:  Dan replied 4 months ago.

Hi John, Did you get this resolved?