Dan, Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment, trucks and farm equipment - 1995 WyoTech graduate.

JD 4700 sprayer The left outer boom won't open. I have tried

Customer Question

JD 4700 sprayer
The left outer boom won't open. I have tried adjusting the stop on the switch on the inner boom and have someone hold it completely closed to no avail. The sprayer sounds like it is loading the hydraulics so I assume it's electrical. Got a new switch this morning but before installing I just plugged it in and zip tied it closed but it didn't change. Out of ideas
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Dan replied 4 months ago.

Hi Mark, My name is***** will be glad to try to help. Test your fuses on both sides for power with the ignition switch on. Replace any fuses with power only on one side. If okay then check the relays by swapping with a known good one from a working circuit for test purposes. Check your harness and grounds and if okay take a close look at your relays for a possible sticking or shorted relay. Also check for a possible shorted solenoid valve coil as well if the relay checks good and the solenoid for that function has good power and ground. Let me know. Click on the links below for the fuse and relay charts.