Dan, Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment, trucks and farm equipment - 1995 WyoTech graduate.

I have a used 404 hay conditioner. With the pto running the

Customer Question

I have a used 404 hay conditioner. With the pto running the drum does not turn. It turned for a minute then stopped. I tried to remove the bolt joining the pto to the gear box but the bolt would not release. Maybe it is a reverse thread? The gears are fine. The problem is where the pto joins the box. It appears like something became unattached but without the bolt off I cannot see.
Please advise thanks
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Dan replied 4 months ago.

Hi Michael. My name is***** will be glad to try to help if you still need help with this. Check for a sheared shear bolt or pin such as item 27 and 27A if the area you are referring too in the diagram I uploaded below or let me know referencing the breakdown I posted if you are referring to a different area you are seeing slippage.

Expert:  Dan replied 4 months ago.

Click the link above and let me know

Expert:  Dan replied 4 months ago.

Hi Did you get this resolved?