Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager on multiple lines of equipment and rental equipment.
30244710

I HAVE A 1975 MASSEY FERGUSON DIESEL TRACTOR A 275 I

Customer Question

I HAVE A 1975 MASSEY FERGUSON DIESEL TRACTOR A 275 I THINK.IT DEVEOLPED A SMALL LEAK.A FRIEND SAID HE COULD FIX IT.HE PUT ALL NEW ORINGS IN IT AND DRAINED THE TANK BECAUSE IT WOULD NOT START.WE THOUGHT IT HAD WATER IN THE TANK.WE BLED THE LINES AND IT WONT TRY TO START.WE HAD AN OLD PUMP AND TOOK IT APART YO MAKE SURE WE DID THE PUMP ON IT RIGHT/WE HAVE BLED THE LINES SEVERAL TIMES STILL NO LUCK.WHEN HE TOOK YHE FIRST LINE LOOSE THE BEVEL IN IT LOOKED LIKE AN EGG SO HE CHANGED IT OUT WITH A REGULAR BEVEL/AFTER UNHOOKING THE OTHER LINES WE REALIZED THEY WERE MADE OVAL SHAPE SO HE CHANGED ALL OF THEM TO THE REGULAR BEVEL.I THINK THE ONES THAT COME ON IT HAD A SMALLER HOLE IN THEM.COULD THIS BE OUR PROBLEM.ANY IDEAL ON STARTING IT.
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 5 months ago.

If you open the bleed screw at the injection pump, and pump the manual primer on the transfer pump, do you get fuel flowing with no sir from the bleeder? If you have fuel to the injection pump, and loosen the high pressure lines at the nozzles, do you have fuel squirting, not just dribbling when cranking? Do you get smoke from exhaust when cranking? No smoke from the exhaust, indicates there is no fuel getting to the cylinders. With fuel to the injection pump, and no output to the nozzles, the injection pump is not opening the fuel passage. I assume it has pull cable to kill engine, and not an electric solenoid.

did you get my response?