Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager on multiple lines of equipment and rental equipment.
30244710

I replaced all my hydraulic hoses, cleaned the screen

Customer Question

I replaced all my hydraulic hoses, cleaned the screen filter, replaced the oil filter and added new oil to my JD 790 with a loader. Now the front bucket won't curl and is stuck in the fully extended position. The bucket arms will move up VERY slowly and then will move up and down at regular speed, but only as far as I raised it up slowly. If I shut the engine down and start all over again, I can get the bucket arms to raise slowly and go up and down again. One time I did get a push of air out of the dip stick hole when I checked the fluid level. Is there any way to drain air out of the system someplace else? It seems like the system is air locked. Thanks for any help you can provide.
Jim
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 7 months ago.

Boom function normal, only bucket is acting up? You don't have bucket cylinder hoses swapped, so they are working against each other? Each Line from the loader valve tees off and goes to same end of the cylinder for that function. If hoses are not swapped, check your quick connects for the bucket function. Unplug them ad reattach, do not go by how they look. unplug them and reattach!