Dan, Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment, trucks and farm equipment - 1995 WyoTech graduate.
65405794

I have a 68 model 4020 powershft that does not completely

Customer Question

I have a 68 model 4020 powershft that does not completely discontinue to pull itself when you press the clutch down in order to stop you must hold the break wondered if you had any ideas all other functions are working we are still able to use the tractor just doesn't work like it should or did.
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Dan replied 6 months ago.

Hi Travis. My name is***** will be glad to try to help. What are you getting for pressures and pressure when disengaging the clutch in comparison to specs?

Expert:  Dan replied 6 months ago.

inspect the clutch for proper adjustment and for excessive wear. Let me know

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Not looking at them right now but everything appears to be within specs.i need a little more info on what you mean adjusting the clutch isn't it just opening or closing a valve.?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I did adjust the clutch linkage during my initial test to bring it into specs only needed a couple threads.
Expert:  Dan replied 6 months ago.

There is a mechanical clutch between the engine and transmission. Click on this link for more FYI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBqiWTAwNok

Expert:  Dan replied 6 months ago.

Click on this link for the online parts catalog to help. use the sectional index after typing in your model

Parts