Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager on multiple lines of equipment and rental equipment.

My 1428v shuts down when I engage brush hog was running

Customer Question

my 1428v shuts down when I engage brush hog was running fine. could it be air filter perhaps
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  John Oliver replied 4 months ago.

good morning Lloyd my name is ***** ***** ill see what I can do to help. we are working on a Massey Ferguson correct?

when you say shutting down do you mean like the engine is shutting off like you turned off the key?

if so I would look at your seat switch. there is a switch under the seat cushion that is a safety so that you remain in the seat with the PTO engaged. should be 2 wires you can follow going into the seat

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
don't understand why would the tractor turn off, not like with key but like no fuel getting to it. It will start again and run until I engage brush hog, just thought wonder if something caught on blades, better check,

does the tractor seem to have goo power climbing hills?

again if the safety switch in the seat has failed it will electrically kill power to the injection pump as a safety feature