Dan, Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment, trucks and farm equipment - 1995 WyoTech graduate.
65405794

No power to fuel shutoff on new holland 340 swather : A

Customer Question

No power to fuel shutoff on new holland 340 swather
JA: We'll do all we can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Heavy Equipment Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: A jumper wire from shutoff to positive post on the batt will let it run
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Heavy Equipment Mechanic should know?
Customer: Panel lites do not come on/display
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Heavy Equipment Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Dan replied 6 months ago.

Hi my name is***** will be glad to try to help. With a test light test for power on both sides of your fuses with the IGN switch on and replace any with power only on one side. If okay try swapping relays one at a time with a known good one for test purposes and also test the ignition switch for power in and then out in each position for possible faulty contacts inside the ignition switch. Let me know the results and if we need to dig deeper into this