Dan, Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment, trucks and farm equipment - 1995 WyoTech graduate.

I am having similar problems with a 566 baler. I have very

Customer Question

I am having similar problems with a 566 baler. I have very little experience with it but it appears that very quickly after it gets hot the eject indicator fails to light and the low voltage light comes on. I had a very knowledgeable JD salesman with me and he tested the voltage repeated at various places in the wiring harness. We checked the micro-connectors going into the monitor. We never found anything but it worked properly for a few bales, then failed. The real problem with the eject indicator not lighting is that the wrapping started indicator won't go away after the bale is ejected. The monitor is still saying it is wrapping. Once the door is closed I had to turn the monitor off and them back on repeatedly. Strangely, it worked properly a couple of times while I was finishing the field up. We will replace all the wire from the battery to the monitor harness. We have the standard Delco-Remy alternator but I'm told that I might try a heavier alternator. Trying to eliminate all possibilities before more expensive measures. We are nearly in prime hay season.
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Dan replied 4 months ago.

Hi my name is***** will be glad to try to help. Click on this link for the complete maintenance manual with your operational checks, adjustments and checks. Let me know Search the index on the LH side.

Baler manual