Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager on multiple lines of equipment and rental equipment.

I have a 2007 Deere 5403 with two rear remote SCVs. The

Customer Question

I have a 2007 Deere 5403 with two rear remote SCVs. The manual says if have two rear remotes, remote 1 (full forward detent) is float, remote 2 (full forward detent) is regenerative. Both appear to have float capability when hooked to a cylinder. I have never seen a regenerative scv on a rear remote and do not know how one would be used. Question: how can I test to be sure SCV2 has float vs. regeneration?
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  John Oliver replied 4 months ago.

hey John good morning. My name is ***** *****

easiest way would be to connect #2 SCV to something else with a double acting cylinder such as a set of disc's or plow.... something with some weight

another method would be to install a jumper/ bypass hose in #2 and see if you have oil flow in the "float" position

is your concern that the rake isn't acting like its in float? you say the rake stays in the extended that good? or are you having an issue with getting the cylinders to fold?

also can you give me the serial # ***** this unit? trying to look up info but there are so many different options