Dan, Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment, trucks and farm equipment - 1995 WyoTech graduate.

Object Object] : runs good while and then starts losing

Customer Question

object Object]
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: runs good for a while and then starts losing power
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Dan replied 4 months ago.

Hi my name is***** will be glad to try to help. What is the make an model of your equipment and tell me some details of the symptoms you are having?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
agco allis 5670 runs fine then cuts out sputters push clutch in and let set a min then its fine
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
some one had added a old inline gas type filter ( the type that screws into a carb) I removed that and changed the fuel filter but have not run it since other than starting.
Expert:  Dan replied 4 months ago.

thanks for the update. Prior to SN 1500 or after Serial number 1500?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
its a 97 model I have always thought it was an after
Expert:  Dan replied 4 months ago.

Click on this link below and clean out the fuel transfer pump screen and inspect the diaphragm in the transfer pump. If bad there is a kit available or replace the transfer pump if all the lines, filter housings, etc. are free from restrictions, leaks, and are not sucking in air. The top cover comes off to access the screen. Let me know

Pump breakdown