Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager on multiple lines of equipment and rental equipment.

I have a Case-IH 885 with four wheel drive and air

Customer Question

I have a Case-IH 885 with four wheel drive and air conditioning. It has run hotter than I like since I bought it (3 years ago) but thought it was normal. However, I just purchased a MOCO hay cutter and it immediately overheated when I tried to use it. It seems to have plenty of power and went through the field fine doing it's job but with in minutes the temp gauge was near the top. Had to go down to lowest gear before it held temp and that was very high (almost to red line) Is this a problem with the 885 model or do I need to get a new radiator or something else?
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 4 months ago.

Is gage accurate? Does it blow coolant out? Have you taken a heat gun thermometer and checked the upper and lower radiator temps?Looking for a drop of 15 degrees across the radiator? Is fan blade on correctly, pulling air through the radiator, Is fan belt tight?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
i don't have a heat gun thermometer. The fan blade is on correct and pulls air through the radiator and fan belt is tight.

Harbor Freight for about $30. for a test gun!