Dan, Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment, trucks and farm equipment - 1995 WyoTech graduate.

Customer Question

Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Dan replied 4 months ago.

Hi Don, My name is***** tractor make and model? what problems are you having with this tractor?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
New Holland tc45d tractor stopped while mowing.
Has power to lights, guages ect.
Tried sensor for seat, did not appear to help.
I know there are toehr sensors. tried moving all the things that i know would casue it not to start.
When we rurn the key to start we get nothing.
Expert:  Dan replied 4 months ago.

Thanks for the update Don. Using a test light or volt meter, test for power to the starter solenoid S terminal with the ignition switch in the cranking position. If there is power there and the battery and connections including all grounds check okay, it indicated a faulty starter solenoid/starter. If there is no power there then check all your fuses and relays and for power in and out of the Ignition switch for a possible bad switch. If that tests okay then as you suspected test and check for problems in the safety switch circuit( Seat, Clutch/Brake, PTO, Neutral safety switch, and wiring harness and connections). Try bypassing with a jumper wire for test purposes. Let me know