Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager on multiple lines of equipment and rental equipment.

I have a 5465 Massey Ferguson that has air in the hydraulic

Customer Question

I have a 5465 Massey Ferguson that has air in the hydraulic system took the canister filter out very little Oil in it there is a pressure test point right below that filter push the center of it in and you get very little oiland a lot of air has plenty of Hydraulic oil in it no steering remotes do not work won't move it has the Dina shift transmission and the gear selector on the console the light for the gears is it showing up
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 4 months ago.

For the pump to suck air, there has to be a leak in the suction side of the pump, Spin on filter, or the tube that connects the pump to the filter, with two o'rings. have you checked those? See picture.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Nope don't have the spin on filter didn't have it on hand

Filter can be plugged, or leaking or the inner tube with the two o'rings can be leaking. Need to find a filter for starters!

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Ok thanks

Thank you.