Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager on multiple lines of equipment and rental equipment.

The pto on my Ford 1210 tractor will not engage, after I hit

Customer Question

The pto on my Ford 1210 tractor will not engage, after I hit a root while bush hogging.
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 5 months ago.

No feel from the pto shifter when you move it in and out of gear? Pto is straight geared from the clutch behind engine, through the transmission to the in and out shifter, to the output shaft. If no grinding when you engage the pto lever, damage may be all the way to the engine clutch. I would start by turning the output shaft by hand with engine OFF. Shift in and out of gear and try to determine if the shaft changes feel. If no diference, remove the rear cover and see if the shaft is broken at the rear. If you find nothing at the rear, follow the progression of the shaft to the next section. I'm afraid the transmission clutch has stripped out at the flywheel.

my reply shows as customer!

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 4 months ago.

did you find the problem?