Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager on multiple lines of equipment and rental equipment.

I have a new Holland 892 .and I have six 12 volt deflector

Customer Question

hi I have a new Holland 892 .and I have six 12 volt deflector motors and not one works ! I replaced it last year . I tried all six of them . and one wants to work . I tried hooking them up directly to the battery but all I get is a spark . could it be a ground problem . I took one apart and cleaned every thing ,it has good brushes I cleaned all the contacts even the shaft with the wire coils im sorry I for got the name of it is were the brushes make contact . with the shaft . I used some fine sand paper on all contacts points . I all so greased the bottom and top of shaft in to the gear box I am usually very good with small motors . but this is got me pulling my heir out . could all them have the same problem of bad windings ( PLEASE HELP )
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 5 months ago.
These are permanent magnet motors ?? Are the magnets intact and not cracked? If the magnets are cracked or damaged the motor will not run. Other than that, they are straight forward, either work or not! If they are wound motors and not permanent magnets, then the windings and the armatures need to be checked for shorts.