Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager on multiple lines of equipment and rental equipment.

I have an 85xt, everything works great except now my right

Customer Question

I have an 85xt, everything works great except now my right side wheel drive doesnot work when i push the right hand stick to go forward or backward it barely moves, it does not draw down the engine at all, well mabey ever so slightly.its serial #s are jaf0238950 leading me to belive its a 2002 model. im thinking the tandem pump? how can I check to know what is wrong so I dont have to swap out parts untill i get it figured out ? because that is too costly. thanks for any help on this. Dan
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 5 months ago.

Follow the right hand linkage direct to the drive pump, and see if the lever is moving the shaft going into the pump. It may be slipping on the shaft. That would be best case! If the lever is moving full travel and the shaft is not loose, the drive for right side is bad. I would remove the drive pump and the drive motor for the right side and have tehm tested at hydraulic pump repair shop, either can be bad, or both can be bad, as what comes out of one, goes into the other.

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 4 months ago.

Did you see my response?