Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager on multiple lines of equipment and rental equipment.
30244710

I Have a john deere 120. I have done mantanence on it and it

Customer Question

I Have a john deere 120. I have done mantanence on it and it starts up good. but only
runs 3 to 5 seconds before it shuts off? new spark plugs, gas filter, oil filter, oil change;
I have also bought different gas thinking maybe "water"..didn't help. Has been a good mower
with basic mantanence until now and I believe its a minor thing but it just can't think of
anything else. can you help?
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 6 months ago.
Twin briggs. Not likley a spark problem. But fuel problem. There is a solenoid in the base of the carburetor, it has to have 12 volts as long as the key is on. It may be loosing voltage, or has a bad connection to it. With the twin engine, you should be able to remove the solenoid and plug the hole to test run.