Dan, Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment, trucks and farm equipment - 1995 WyoTech graduate.

I have a 1530 John Deere Diesel. Why is it blowing oil out

Customer Question

I have a 1530 John Deere Diesel. Why is it blowing oil out of the oil filter? Have changed oil twice and it still does it?
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Dan replied 5 months ago.

Hi Ed, My name is***** will be glad to help. I am assuming this is the engine oil filter you are having troubles with. Double check that there is not a second oil filter rubber seal stuck on the filter housing as I have seen this happen. If that is okay then clean the filter housing with brake clean and look for any imperfections or hairline cracks in the housing. If okay you could have an oil filter bypass valve sticking. If you are using an aftermarket filter double check the parts guys crossed the number correctly for your tractor. I have seen some brand filters cause problems in certain applications. Let me know

Expert:  Dan replied 5 months ago.

Let me know...

Expert:  Dan replied 5 months ago.

Hi Ed, Did you get this resolved?Let me know. If so, Please take a moment to rate my service as that is how the site credits the experts for their time helping on the site.