Dan, Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment, trucks and farm equipment - 1995 WyoTech graduate.

Have 5525 4x4 pwrreverse cleaned fuses relays and put on

Customer Question

Have 5525 4x4 pwrreverse cleaned fuses relays and put on dielectric grease as maintenance for chic***** *****tter dust now it wont move and 4x4 light is on constantly
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  John Oliver replied 5 months ago.

hey mark this is john. what led up to this event?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
This tractor works in chicken houses having trouble with dash tack and speedometer. Cleaned relays and plugs and dabbed on some dielectric grease tokeep down litter corrosion

I am going to opt out because I am unable to get my john deere program to cooperate with me and I don't want to waste your time. In the mean time it may be worth swapping your not neutral relay with a flasher or turn signal relay. My suspission is a ground that is playing games with you

Expert:  Dan replied 5 months ago.

Hi Mark, My name is***** will be glad to try to help. what do you have for fault codes and errors from the display? Check the fluid levels and the condition for signs of discoloration, burnt smell, and metal/debris in the oil, filter/suction screen indicating an internal problem or failure occurring. did this occurr while running the tractor and it stopped? Any unusual noises? Or did this happen on an initial startup to use the tractor and it would not move? Start by testing the battery and checking the battery to starter connections and grounds. Test all your fuses and relays for any faulty fuses and relays. Let me know

Expert:  Dan replied 4 months ago.

Hi Mark, Did you get this resolved? Please take a moment to rate my service as that is how the site credits the experts for their time helping on the site.