Dan, Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment, trucks and farm equipment - 1995 WyoTech graduate.
65405794

I have a hyundai 20D-7E forlift with a kubota 3600-EU6

Customer Question

I have a hyundai 20D-7E forlift with a kubota 3600-EU6 engine. It quit running suddenly and the oil pressure switch light came on. The manual shows that happens when the oil is low, filter is stopped up or slow, or loose or worn oil pipe joint leaks oil. Well, we have just serviced it 1 1/2 to 2 weeksprior with new kubota filter, the oil level is ok and the oil tube shows no leaks. I even checked all of the fuses to make sure it wasn't electrical as far as fuses. What else could it be.
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Dan replied 6 months ago.

Hi Anthony, My name is***** will be glad to help. Veridy the oil pressure is good and in specs with a mechanical gauge and if so your problem is likely the oil pressure sending unit or wiring to it throwing a false warning. Let me know

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
It wont run. How do you check oil pressure.
Expert:  Dan replied 6 months ago.

Remove the oil pressure switch and adapt a gauge into that port. Check the pressure while cranking over

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
have not tried to fix it yet, so I don't know if that is the solution yet. found out forklift is still under warranty so i'm waiting on a tech to come out. how come you don't get paid since I have already been charged. that's a ripoff to the both of us.
Expert:  Dan replied 6 months ago.

Hi Anthony, Thanks for the update. The site holds your deposit and the expert gets a percentage only after positive feedback or an answer is accepted. up until either happens their time is voluntary. I guess it is so if one expert starts and cant help they can opt out and a new expert can take over allowing the customer to rate whichever expert they choose to. Keep me posted.