Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager on multiple lines of equipment and rental equipment.
30244710

I have a 2008 JD 4520 compact tractor w/cab and loader. My

Customer Question

I have a 2008 JD 4520 compact tractor w/cab and loader. My rock shaft control lever is really hard to move but it will move and lift works fine except; to get the lift to lower all the way, I have to pry the control lever (where control cable connects) at the rear of the tractor the remaining 20% of total travel to lower the lift all the way. I have disconnected the cable and everything moves freely and easy and there's no cable travel adjustment issue... so it seems there is something going on internal to the lift or lift control valve/linkage.
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 6 months ago.

Looks like to get to the actual valve, the whole lift cover needs to come off. You can try penetrating oil , but if it is a sticking vlave, only repair will be to remove the lift cover to get to the valve.

Did you see my response?