John Oliver
John Oliver,
Experience:  manager at White Eagle Ag and Truck Services
93794869

What makes my diesel fuel injector pump leak around one of

Customer Question

What makes my diesel fuel injector pump leak around one of the mounting bolts after you run it for 3 hours are so?It is a John Deere model 5103 year 2004.It runs good and has good power.Don
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  John Oliver replied 6 months ago.
hey Don my name is***** is an o ring that seals the pump to the block. I assume your leaking engine oil?
once that o ring gets brittle they tend to leak. the mounting studs are sealed in the block but its possible the could leakbut not s likely a the o ring. if you decide to try and tackle it yourself feel free to send me your email and I can send you the timing procedure to remove the pump
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
The tractor is a John Deere model # ***** and year 2004.It runs fine and has good power but after 3 hours or so of running it will leak diesel fuel from one of the mounting bolts on the injector pump the lower bolt.I hope there is something that can be fixed without a complete rebuilding ,is there any O rings that can be put in without taking the pump all apart.The injector pump is a Stanadyne DB 4327.Don
most likely the o ring in the picture I sent you is failed. you don't have to disassemble the pump but you will have to remove it from the engine. if you provide an email or fax I can send over the instructions on how to remove the pump
I'm very sorry... I reread that and realized it was diesel leaking and not engine oil. unfortunately if its diesel the front seal has failed in the pump. Remove the pump and have resealed ASAP as it is most likely leaking fuel into your engine oil as well. has your engine oil level risen?