Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager on multiple lines of equipment and rental equipment.

I have a ford 1600 tractor and need to know where the filter

Customer Question

I have a ford 1600 tractor and need to know where the filter is for the rear lift
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Heavy Equipment Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: hydraulic fluid to lift appears to have air in it and lifts very very slowly I think fluid not reaching control valve
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Heavy Equipment Mechanic should know?
Customer: if I can find location of filter I can check it or maybe need to bleed system of air
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Heavy Equipment Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  John Oliver replied 5 months ago.
hey there my name is ***** ***** ill do what I can to help you out. first off are we working on a compact tractor? either way air in the oil is indicating a air leak on the suction side of the hydraulic system. does this tractor have a loader? if so how does that work? how does your steering act? have you verified that the hyd. oil is at the correct level?
also to answer your original question, that tractor does not have a hydraulic oil filter. only a suction screen on the pick up tube going into your transmission. my experience has been that if you are having an issue with the 3pt lift it is usually because the gear pump has failed.