Dan, Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment, trucks and farm equipment - 1995 WyoTech graduate.
65405794

I have a John Deere 1250 diesel tractor with a front loader.

Customer Question

Hello, I have a John Deere 1250 diesel tractor with a front loader. The dash will light up, but there is no click and it won't start. I was thinking the starter solenoid unit, but the mechanic can't get the unit out. Any suggestions?
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Dan replied 6 months ago.
Hi Melinda, My name is***** will be glad to help. If there is power to the small signal wire on the solenoid when the keyswitch is in the starting position and the battery and cable connections are good then it is the starter solenoid. If it will not come off the starter will need to be removed to replace the solenoid. In a lot of cases people just replace the starter assembly