Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager on multiple lines of equipment and rental equipment.
30244710

My neighbor has a 2010 John Deere X320 with the Kawasaki V

Customer Question

My neighbor has a 2010 John Deere X320 with the Kawasaki V twin and it cranks but won't start. What to do?
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 8 months ago.
It either has no spark, or no fuel. Can you remove a spark plug and see if it has spark with the plug grounded to the metal of the engine while cranking?
If it has spark, put a teaspoon of fuel into the spark plug hole, re-install the spark plug and see if it will start for a few seconds.
If it tries to start, the fuel is not going through the carburetor. Do you have fuel to the carburetor? Do you hear the fuel solenoid in the carburetor click when you turn the key on and off? If not the fuel solenoid is not opening. It plugs the main jet of the carburetor, and opens with the key, Has to have 12 volts as long as the key is on..
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I have canceled this request. - Al