John Oliver
John Oliver,
Experience:  manager at White Eagle Ag and Truck Services

I have a 2003 4900m tractor w/cab the 3 point hitch hung in

Customer Question

I have a 2003 4900m tractor w/cab the 3 point hitch hung in the almost all the way up position 4 or 5 times in the past 7 months usually I can back up into some heavy brush and it will drop back down this past weekend it did it again but it would not drop back down this tends to happen when I cross a ditch or terrace with my bushhog. I have contacted several dealers but they can't really tell me what the problem is because they have not seen this problem enough to know can you help me out with what the problem is and how to fix.
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  John Oliver replied 5 months ago.
it sounds like the issue is more mechanical than hydraulic. The first thing I would suggest is to safely remove the load from the 3pt hitch and get a feel for where the arms are binding. My thought here is that the roll pin has broke at the end of the internal lift cylinder. If you remove the load and support the arms if they are in the air, you should be able to remove the cover at the center of the housing, included a link that should take you to the parts diagram that shows that roll pin. if the end of the cylinder is jumping out of its socket and landing on the edge of the bracket it will give you that exact issue
sorry I just realized that link wasn't %100. after clicking that link click on "hydraulic system" then click "hydraulic lift arm" and there you should see the roll pin I was talking about
any luck?