Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager on multiple lines of equipment and rental equipment.

I'm looking my JD 950. I know

Customer Question

I'm looking for suggestions for starting my JD 950. I know the battery is good & all battery contacts have been cleaned. The Hi/Low range lever is in neutral. Lights for glow plugs work. But nothing happens when I turn the key to run the starter. No click or any other clue as to the problem. I'm thinking relays, celenoids etc. Got any suggestions?
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 5 months ago.
Only safety switch is the neutral switch. If you hold key in start position, and wiggle the gear shift will starter work? Do you have a voltmeter to test for voltage at the starter solenoids switch terminal when key is turned to start?
My response shows as customer.
All fuses good? There is fusible link at ground wire near the starter, it needs to be checked for continuity.
Did you get my response and get tractor running?