Dan, Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment, trucks and farm equipment - 1995 WyoTech graduate.
65405794

We have a4010 JD in Our Shop. It suddenly lost hydraulic

Customer Question

Hi We have a4010 JD in Our Shop. It suddenly lost hydraulic pressure and when tested only has 1300 psi at rear outlets. We know this is aclosed center system We know that the stroke controlcan stop the main pump from providing pressure which should be 250psi. We know early 4010s had a relief valve that could cause this problem. We have read some accounts that would lead you to believe this valve can be reached with out any assembly . If you can shed some light on this problem it would be great.
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Dan replied 6 months ago.
Hi my name is***** will be glad to try to help. First check to see if the suction screen is plugged starving the oil to the pump and for metal/debris indicating internal problems or pump failure. Let me know. We can post back and forth as needed. I log in as i can during the day and nights for follow ups
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Sir not to be obtuse but our question was fairly straight forward about can we access the relief valve. We have already checked the screen we are far past that point. We really seek to know If we can access the part in the first question.
Expert:  Dan replied 6 months ago.
Thanks for the update. Check the stoke control valve on the hydraulic pump. Some were manual and then some have an electric destroke valve solenoid mounted at the pump to destroke the pump for engine startup. Check that for sticking if you have the solenoid. Click this link to access the online parts catalog to locate and look up any of the breakdowns you wish. I will post some pictures but here is the link for the parts manual.JD Parts
Expert:  Dan replied 6 months ago.
Pump stroke control valve
Expert:  Dan replied 6 months ago.
Electric destroke solenoid
Expert:  Dan replied 6 months ago.
Oil filter relief and cooler lines
Expert:  Dan replied 6 months ago.
oil cooler bypass valve
Expert:  Dan replied 6 months ago.
Click the links above and for full access to the part manual with descriptions click the JD Parts link I posted, enter your model, select sectional index and then choose hydraulics, etc. Let me know It is my daughters prom today so my time on here will be limited but I will always respond back on my next available login if more help is needed.
Expert:  Dan replied 6 months ago.
Hi, Did you get this resolved? If so please take a moment and rate my service as that is how the site credits the experts for their time helping on the site. Let me know