Dan, Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment, trucks and farm equipment - 1995 WyoTech graduate.

We have a isx Cummins in a steiger 535, it starts fine.

Customer Question

Hi, we have a isx Cummins in a steiger 535, it starts fine. It's runs at full power fine for about 30 mins then it starts to struggle for fuel. Operates like that for 5 hrs, leave the engine running while we fill seeder which is 20 mins . Operates at full power for about half hr then it's struggles again.
JA: We'll do all we can to help. Is there anything else the Heavy Equipment Mechanic should be aware of?
Customer: It has a new filter, the prefilter is clean, fuel runs out of the filter housing when tank is full, all connectors are tight. Blowna air back into the tank, seems all ok.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Heavy Equipment Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Dan replied 5 months ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** will be glad to try to help. If there are no restrictions or leaks between the tank and pump then you could have a faulty transfer pump/supply pump or check valve/Anti drainback valve. Please post the complete model number and serial number from the engine ID tag so I know which ISX fuel system you have.
Expert:  Dan replied 5 months ago.
Click these links Fuel system Troubleshooting